Abortion Pill Information Beaufort, South Carolina
If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering at-home abortion in South Carolina, you may be looking for more information on buying abortion pills online or self-induced abortion methods. We provide a free consultation before you take the abortion pill in Beaufort, South Carolina. Get information on the abortion pill and typical abortion pill costs.
WE DO NOT OFFER, RECOMMEND OR REFER FOR ABORTIONS OR ABORTIFACIENTS.
ABORTION PILL INFORMATION
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill (two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol) is taken in two doses, one typically at a doctor’s office and the other at home.1
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy Mifeprex, or the generic version (mifepristone) on the Internet because it bypasses safeguards.2,3
MEDICAL ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
Medical abortion isn’t an option if you:4
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD) currently in place.
- Have a concern that the pregnancy is outside of the uterus. This is called ectopic pregnancy and can be life-threatening. Learn about the risk factors and signs of an ectopic pregnancy.5
- Are further along in your pregnancy than 10 weeks. The FDA has only approved the abortion pill for up to 10 weeks from the LMP. Taking the abortion pill later in pregnancy is associated with increased risk of complications, such as an incomplete abortion or severe bleeding.6
- Have certain medical problems including: bleeding disorders, severe liver or kidney disease, known cardiac disease, or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take certain medications including blood thinners or steroids.
- Are allergic to the medicines used.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are through a free ultrasound to help determine your abortion procedure options.
The abortion pill can be reversed if action is taken after the first dose. More information is available at abortionpillreversal.com.
The typical cost for the abortion pill ranges from $350-$700 but could be higher. Get the information you need before calling providers by finding out how far along in pregnancy you are with our free ultrasound services.
1. MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
4. Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
5. Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
6. Mentula MJ, Niinimäki M, Suhonen S, Hemminki E, Gissler M, Heikinheimo O. Immediate adverse events after second trimester medical termination of pregnancy: results of a nationwide registry study. Hum Reprod. 2011 Apr;26(4):927-32. doi: 10.1093/humrep/der016. Epub 2011 Feb 11. PMID: 21317416.